Residential stair lift is a necessity for people suffering from arthritis, vertigo, balancing issues, and other medical conditions to move on different floors of their home. Elevators need regular maintenance from trained professionals for safe and effective functioning.
Common lift repair issues
Many elevator manufacturers recommend homeowners to hire the installation company for maintenance. Several common home elevator repairs include
- Replacement cables for hydraulic system
- Fixing the leakage of hydraulic fluid
- Replacing chain in the chain drive system
- Cleaning & sealing the pneumatic system
- Advanced elevators are equipped with computerized system that may trigger electronic glitches. This may hinder proper system performance
- Malfunctioning door operators are typical elevator repair requests
- An adjustment to drive chain system is common repair. It ensures that elevator door stops or opens on proper floors
When to consider elevator repairs?
Home elevator repairs need to be taken care as soon as possible. Ignoring this can increase the repair cost. Homeowners can experience issues like the elevator getting stuck, noisy, and bumpy rides. They may even notice usage of unusual amount of electricity, increased or slow elevator down time. Lack of regular maintenance can increase the incidence of system breakdown. So, call the elevator repairs, soon!
Remember, a new elevator, which consumes significant amount of energy can be sensitive to voltage fluctuations. Electrical surges can affect system functioning and there could be a requirement for upgrading your home electrical capacity as well as wiring for operating elevator or stair lift. The cost of Elevator operating on curved track is more because of increased intricacy of system mechanics.
Article written by Coastal Elevator Inc.